Thanks so much to Monique of KinkyCurlyCoilyQueens for nominating me for this award. I follow and read her posts regularly so in reading her post and getting to know more about her through her nomination for the award, and then realizing that I was listed as one of her nominees for the award was a great feeling. Thanks so much Monique. You can head over to her blog to check out her great posts and features by clicking the link above.
The Liebster Award is an online award for bloggers to gain more support and recognition, and just to get to know the person behind the blog. It also helps others to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award (must have less than 200 followers).
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions of your own.
1. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted to create an avenue to highlight my writing and to be an inspiration to others. I love writing and felt that I should share it in order to bring a smile, inspiration, encouragement or motivation to someone who may need it.
2. Are there any issues you’ve encountered while blogging? None so far, hoping it stays that way *smiles*
3. What is your favorite quote? There are so many but if I had to choose one I would say it would have to be “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”… because at difficult moments in my life it is that thought and repeating that phrase that somehow always gets me through
4. Are you a risk taker or not? I would not say that I am, certain things make me a little jumpy or a little scared hahaha
5. What is your deepest fear? Honestly, and I have not admitted this before and don’t say it to myself often, but my deepest fear is death. I fear other things but this is the deepest.. I am not even sure how to go on writing, but I guess admitting is the first step to rising above our fears right, so this may be the start for a blog post soon *smirk*
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would have to choose Italy because that country represents so much that I love. I love the language, and hope to learn someday and the fooooddddd hmm hmm hmm
7. What do you wish you were better at? Sports. I never took time to get involved in sports while growing up and now I wish I had, so that I would have some sport to say that I am passionate about.
8. If you could play any instrument perfectly, what would it be? Guitar. Growing up I admired my uncles playing the guitar and wished I had taken more interest to learn so that I would have carried that as a family tradition. It’s not too late to learn right!?!?
9. What is your least favorite food? Dasheens. It is a ground provision on my island and has to be one of the only things I don’t eat.
10. What is the next big decision you want to make? Owning my own business. There are so many ideas that I have and so many things I would love to do and accomplish, I just need to take that decision to get them off the ground.
11. Pick one song that is anthem to your life. wow, this is gonna be hard to narrow down because I love music.. But an anthem would have to be ” When Jesus say Yes” by Kelly Rowland
This was Fun!!!
My Nominees are:
My Questions for You:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What plans do you have for your blog?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What is the hardest thing you had to do?
- What is the craziest thing you have done?
- If you had to change the focus of your blog what would it be?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- If you had to chose an art form which would it be; dance, singing, acting etc?
- What is the nicest or most exotic country you have visited?
- Where would you want your blog to be in five years?
- Pick one song that is anthem to your life.
Have fun guys.. Looking forward to seeing those answers..